Tuesday, September 1, 2009

100th post!

Yesterday was my 100th post. I intended to make a big deal out of it but was so caught up in getting caught up that I didn't realize until later that I had written the 100th post! Oh well, here's to good intentions.

We celebrated Sam's birthday yesterday. We had a yummy dinner of pesto stuffed pork chops, twice baked potatoes and a delicious, fresh green salad. Then we topped it off with some birthday ice cream treats. Sam had asked a few weeks ago for a headlamp but I never got around to ordering it so I was left scrambling at the last minute for a meaningful gift. He has taken some really beautiful pictures lately so I browsed through our photos and found two of my favorites (one was a fave of his). I then had 8x10's printed of each of them and framed them. Although it wasn't the headlamp he was hoping for, he was touched by the thoughtful gift. He really does have an eye for photography and loves to take pictures. Maybe one day we'll be able to save up for a really good camera.

I'm so grateful for Sam. He is a wonderful dad, husband and provider. We think he's pretty great!




No comments: