Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I have to share this yummioso recipe. I found it on the web somewhere and thought it sounded good so made it...twice. Some day I will become a real blogger and actually take pictures of yummy food I make but until then, just use your imagination to picture this savory meal.

Pork/Apple Kebabs
1/2 cup apricot jam
2tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for grilling)
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin halved lengthwise and cut into cubes
1 medium red onion cut into wedges
1 Granny Smith apple cut into wedges
1. Heat grill to medium high. Make the sauce: combine jam, vinegar, tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Assemble skewers alternation pork cubes with onion wedges and apple wedges on each skewer. Roll skewers in remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place skewers on grill turning occasionally and basting with sauce until pork is no longer pink and the kebab is nicely glazed.

Seriously, so yummy. The onions turn so sweet and good and the apples are tangy. Don't get me started on the glaze...just trust me, you need to try this recipe!

2 comments:

Amy said...

i must agree. I've been dreaming about this sweet kebab love since I partook of their goodness on Sunday

Rachel said...

Yes indeed, that is a good recipe! I tried it with chicken and it was also quite delicious - gotta try the pork sometime.