Friday, December 11, 2009

Bah Humbug...

I love Christmas. I love the reason that we celebrate. That billions of people come together on this one day to recognize/worship the birth of our Savior. I love giving thoughtful gifts. I love the excitement that Christmas Eve brings. I love seeing my children's faces light up with anticipation. I love Christmas jammies. I love the magic of Santa. I love bundling up in the cold. I love Christmas music. I love Christmas cookies. I love making Christmas cards and receiving Christmas cards. I love spending time with family and celebrating our love for each other. I love the smells of Christmas. I love the light displays. I love Christmas. Really, I do.

BUT...

This year, I just can not seem to find my Christmas mojo. Here it is the 11th of December and I have purchased one (ONE!) gift. I'm not sure what to even get for my kids! I don't get excited when I hear Christmas music on the radio. I just put together our Advent boxes this week and so far, we have only done one thing from the boxes. I ORDERED Christmas cards....unheard of! Sam and the boys are going to get a tree in a few minutes and I'm staying home with Lucy (who has been sick this week). I told Sam I didn't even care what the tree looks like.
What is wrong with me? Any suggestions to help me find the Christmas Spirit?

4 comments:

Amy said...

i think it's time to put on a santa hat, bring out the jingle bells and have a christmas music dance off with the family. just do it, even if you hate it. force yourself to do it and then drink some egg nog or hot chocolate with a candy cane. You BETTER hurry up and get jolly or i'm gonna kick your little grinch butt when i get there. HO HO HO!!!! Oh - and watch the video of last year's talent show with Mom and Dad's elf dance.

Megan said...

Come have a pumpkin spice steamer with me! I found a recipe in a magazine and I have all the stuff - I've just been waiting for you to try it with me. Sandy has pink eye - again - so maybe early next week!

Kathleen said...

Megan, name the day and I'm there!
Poor little Sandy! I can't believe she has it again!
Amy, I'm not afraid of you;)I found some good Christmas tunes today and am slowly starting to find the spirit of the season.

and peanut makes three... said...

I have no spirit this year! I completley understand! Miss you Kath!