Monday, August 31, 2009

Mission Reunion

My mission president and his wife live in Canada so our mission reunions have been few and far between. I think it's been close to 10 years since our last reunion. So, when I got the notice that the Orrs would be in Utah and a reunion was being planned, I knew I had to be there. I'm so glad I did! Even though I have seen some of my companions often, there are some I have not seen in a long time. It was so fun to chat with them and rekindle our friendship. A few of us brought our mission scrapbooks and we had a great time looking through them and talking about all of our mission experiences. I loved seeing the Orrs again and feeling their love for me. Pres. Orr has such a gentle demeanor and is so funny. I loved being with them again. We didn't have a huge turnout but those that were there had a great time. I think heaven will be similar to this experience...being embraced in warmth and love by people who have shared in your special memories.

Pres and Sis Orr with some of the Sisters of the South Africa Johannesburg Mission

No comments: