Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Girl


Yesterday I turned 37...holy cow, how did I get that old? I remember when I was a teenager, even newly married thinking that 37 was SO OLD. Some of my Young Women's leaders were this age (and younger) and they were so mature. I do not feel this way. I still view myself as 28. Maybe because that was when I had my first baby and started to feel like a mature, responsible adult. But, I now find myself 9 years older than my internal age! Time goes by quickly...it seems the older I am, the faster it goes.
So, in light of time going by so quickly, I intend to make the most of it! I chose a word to live by for 2009. That word is "CLARIFY". I love the synonyms for clarify: analyze, break down, clear up, define, delineate, draw a picture, formulate, illuminate, illustrate, make perfectly clear, make plain, resolve, settle, shed light on, simplify, straighten out, throw light on. Can you see where I'm going here? I really want to simplify my life, throw light on the best things, straighten out my home and my muddled brain. I intend to make perfectly clear what my goals and my plans are and actually follow through with them. And, since my children's lives are also passing in front of my eyes at warp speed, LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it!

I did have a really great birthday shared with my family and great friends. Thanks for making my day special!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea, choosing a word to live by. Of course, when you say the word "clarify," my brain automatically replies, "butter." (Ever had clarified butter? It's good. I'm having trouble getting away from the food these days...) Happy Birthday!

Heather and Dave said...

Happy late birthday! I really enjoyed your testimony birthday girl...I had no idea it was your special day - you looked HOT with your curly hair and I hope Sam and the kids treated you with extra love.